To our valued partners,
It seems appropriate to take a moment to address the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the implications for school and commissary food service operations. First, be assured this is a top priority for our entire organization. I am meeting daily with my executive team to stay abreast of changing needs, but more importantly to ensure all of our customers are fed healthy, nutritious meals during this challenging time.
As your trusted food service provider, we are pleased to report that all food safety and sanitation practices recommended by national organizations and experts to combat the spread of the virus are in practice in every one of our feeding sites.
As an added precaution, we require each of our feeding sites to take the following proactive steps:
- Conduct refresher training sessions with all employees on proper handwashing.
- Remind employees that no one should come to work sick.
- Reinforce HACCP procedures with emphasis on surface sanitation.
- Review table washing procedures in all buildings to ensure tables are sanitized between each meal service.
- Provide hand sanitizers in all work areas and at the back door. Ensure delivery personnel wash or sanitize hands before entering the kitchen.
The health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities remain our top priority. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we strive to support our communities. Just in the few short days since the outbreak, we have already fed thousands of customers through alternate feeding methods in both public schools and senior centers. We are extremely proud of everyone on the front lines making this happen, and thankful for the many volunteers.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information or assistance.